If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Following a consultation period Torbay Council as the admission authority for Homelands Primary School has now formally determined the admission arrangements for 2017-18. It has been agreed to remove your designated area, therefore priority order for oversubscription will be:
- LAC and former LAC
- Sibling on roll at time of application
- Other children, prioritised by straight line distance from the school (Measurements will be made from the co-ordinates of the home address as pinpointed on the Council's system, to the co-ordinates of the school as pinpointed on the Council's system. The pinpoint will be within the boundary of the property and its precise location will be determined by Torbay Council)
- Children with EHCP where the school is named will be automatically placed at the school
For more information please read:
The nursery class (F1) is a Maintained Nursery attached to Homelands Primary School, it caters for children aged 3 and 4 and is staffed by a Nursery Teacher and Nursery Nurse. Children start the term after they are 3 years old. The nursery has morning and afternoon sessions and places for 52 children, 26 children per session. Places in our nursery become available in September and January. If you would like to apply for a place in our nursery (F1) please click on the link below to download an application form.
In the even of the Nursery being over-subscribed, Torbay Council's admissions criteria will apply:
- Children in designated area with a sibling who will be attending at the time of admission
- Other children living in the designated area, nearest first as the crow flies
- Children outside the designated area with a sibling who will be attending at the time of admission, nearest first as the crow flies
- Children outside the designated area
Exceptional priority will be given to children with Statements of Educational Need
If you would like your child to attend our school, it is essential that the year before they are due to start you complete a Local Authority form, which is part of the TIPs Booklet. The Local Authority will write to parents of eligible children with all the relevant details on how to apply via their website.
Register at Interest
You can register an interest at Homelands School by downloading the form below and returning it to us. We will ensure you have the relevant admission details at the appropriate time.