- Year 6 at Torquay Museum 26th November 2021
- Year 6 8th November 2021
- Stop, look and wave goodbye to Mr Chris our Lollipop man. 22nd October 2021
Homework is set weekly in Year 3 on a Friday. This homework will alternate between maths and learning journey and is generally due in on Tuesday, though some longer projects may be given more time. Please check the due date for each homework given at the top of the page.
Homework is set, and should be completed, in your child’s yellow homework book unless other instructions have been given. Parents and families are welcome to support pupils with their homework if they are finding it tricky. If any support is given or clarification needed, please make a note in the homework book and Mr Daniel will address this in class where necessary.
Additional regular and self-managed homework should also be comprised of:
· Reading both independently and to an adult at least 4 times a week. Little and often is better than reading once a week for an hour.
· Spelling rehearsal. Spellings are set on a Friday to be tested the following Friday.
· Multiplication tables. By the end of Year 3 pupils need to be fluent in their 2, 5, 10, 3, 4 and 8 multiplication tables up to x12. This includes being able to count, recall facts in random orders and know the related division facts. E.g.
o 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36
o 3 x 5 = 15, 3 x 9 = 27 etc.
o 30 ÷ 3 = 10, 24 ÷ = 8, 6 ÷ 3 = 2 etc.