- Comic Relief - Red Nose Day 2019 19th March 2019
- World book day. What a fun day for all. 13th March 2019
- Winners of Character Hunt Quiz - World Book Day 2019 8th March 2019
Anyone over the age of 18 years can be a school governor. You don't need to be a parent or have any special education experience. The standard term of office is 4 years but can vary dependent upon individual circumstances. Each school has its own recruitment process which may include interview and informal meeting and tour of the school. Or even observing a meeting. Newly recruited governors undergo an induction to bring them up to speed and help them to be active in the role. New skills, experience and insight is hugely valuable in supporting schools and shaping the life chances of young people. This will help to ensure that the education provided by schools meets the needs of pupils. By becoming a governor you can:
1. Bring a different way of thinking.
2. Be a role model.
3. Give your local community confidence in its school.
I would urge anyone interested in their local school to consider the challenge. For further information please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school office on 01803 328264.